Institutions
 
St. Joseph Convent and Health Centre
Six KM from Jamnagar city, Hapa is an Industrial area on the Jamnagar – Rajkot  highway. Established in 1966, this centre is run as a sub station of sacred Heart church, Jamnagar. Most of the small number of catholic families work in the small scale industries whose products are exported to other states.
 The sisters of the destitute who have been working in Hapa since 1984 have as their motto “compassionate love of Christ”. They adapt their lifestyle along the lines of the common people, having made a preferential optiuon for the poor and the destitute. They serve the poor and the HIV patients through their clinic.
 
The Members are;
1. Rev. Sr. Lilly Ann ( Superior)
2. Rev. Sr. Bead
3. Rev. Sr. Daisy Antony
4. Rev. Sr. Jesna
 
St. Ann’s Convent and School
In 1942, through the help of Mr. Henry Vincent Fernandes, a building was rented on Bedi road. Ahmadabad Bishop Edwin Pinto SJ asked st. Ann of Charity from Nadiad to start a school there. They worked for six months. In the meantime the sisters of St. Ann of providence from Mithapur agreed to run the school. They started it on a rented house in 1953. In 1956  the sisters shifted to their own building and in 1959 a new block was built. The new school building was completed and inaugurated on 9th September 1962. The school is flourishing now under the dynamic leadership of Rev Sr. Leela.
The Members are;
1. Rev. Sr. Alexis
2. Rev. Sr. Leela
3. Rev.Sr. Georjita
4. Rev.Sr. rekha
5. Rev. Sr. Chrysostom
6. Rev. Sr. Luizina
7. Rev. Sr. Catherine
8. Rev. Sr. Roopa
9. Rev. Sr. Anatolia
 
St. Xavier’s Aspirants House, Jamnagar (Estd: 1981)
St. Xavier’s Aspirant’s House at Jamnagar was started on June 18, 1981 by the late Bishop Jonas Thaliyath. The first batch consisted of 19 aspirants. They were selected by the Kalamasserry vocation bureau and were brought to Gujarat. The first three batches of Aspirants were staying in a wing of the CMI house until a new home was constructed on the campus of St. Xavier’s school. Fr. Maryadasan Olipuram was the first rector. For the next four years aspirants were not brought to Gujarat due to lack of accommodation.
In the meantime, the foundation stone for a new aspirant’s house was laid by Fr. Vijayanand Nedumpuram CMI, the then prior general, in October 28, 1985 in the campus of the St Xavier’s School, and the new house was blessed by Mar. Gregory Karotemprel in 1987 March 15. Aspirants doing the higher secondary course were staying here from 1987. The first year aspirants, as already mentioned, were staying at Rajkot. From 1993, this house was also used as the provincial house for a few years. At that time, the first year aspirants too were brought to the new house. When a new aspirant’s house was built at Gondal in 2000, the first year aspirants were sent to the new house, where they studied English and Gujarati.Rev. Fr. Thomas Paikattu was the first rector of this new venture followed by Fr.Tomy Ekkan and Fr. George Urulianikal. Having studied the difficulties and problems of the first years staying at Gondal, the then Provincial Rev. Fr, CC Jose after consulting his council members unanimously decided to change the place to Jamnagar  for all four years. Rev. Frs. Marydasan Oliappuram, Victorian Kunneparambil, kuriakose Mnanthil, Francis Ackapadickal, Devasia Ezholithakidiyel, George kalapurackal, Taiju Thaliathu and Tomy pothanappara served as rectors here in Jamnagar. Fr. Devasia ezholithakidiyel is the present rector. Since  2011 on, the first year aspirants are given intensive training for two months staying at always, Rajkot  Bhavan.

Rev. Fr. Devasia CMI ( Rector)

Rev.Fr. Matrhews CMI ( Ast. Rector)

St. Xavier’s CMI House, Jamnagar
St. Xavier’s CMI House at Jamnagar is the first canonical house of the province. It is housed on the first floor of St. Xavier’s School. It runs two schools; St Xavier’s School, Jamnagar and St. Francis School, Jamnagar.
St. Xavier’s was established in 1995 by Fr. Antony Lobo SJ. The main building was inaugurated by his highness the late jamsaheb of Jamnagar. The SJ fathers who were running the school handed it over to the CMIs on July 16, 1974. Rev Frs. Modest Purathayil, Joseph Vempala Sebastian Vadackumchery and Mathew Panthiruvelil had already been on the staff of St. Xavier’s School since 1973. In April 1974 Frs. Jose George Varickassery, Marydasan Oliappuram and Ignatious Kizhukarakkatt joined them. Fr. Thomas Melanius Arayathinal was the first principal. Now there are 2280 students on the roll with 73 members on the staff.
 
The Members in the House
Rev. Fr. George vadakel CMI ( superior)
Rev. Fr.Joseph Madhuravelil CMI
Rev. Fr. Joseph kattakkayam CMI
Rev. Fr. James Kattethu CMI
Rev. Fr. Augustine Kuttippalackal CMI
 
St. Xavier’s School, Jamnagar
The first Jesuit educational institution in Saurashtra named St. Xavier’s High School was started by Fr. Antony Lobo SJ on June 13, 1955 with 22 students in Std VIII and 8 students in Std IX through he medium of Gujarati. The school was first housed in a rented building near Bedi Gate.

Although a plot of land was purchased from the brother of the maharaja of Jamnagar in 1951, the school was shifted only in June 1956 to a gymnasium built there. The foundation stone of the main building was laid  on December 16, 1956 by the President of the Municipality. A wing of the ground floor was constructed by September 1957 and was formally inaugurated by the maharaj Jam saheb. However the building was completed only in1970. In 1980 another building of the primary and KG section was constructed. The English medium section was started in 1958 and in 1964 the Primary section in Gujarati also began. The Higher Secondary section with science and General stream was opened in 1976.

Rev. Fr. Melanius Arayathinal CMI was the first CMI Priest who became the Principal. Fr. Philip Pazhayakari CMI succeeded him in 1976. The silver Jubilee of the school was celebrated in 1980. Fr. Philip Pazhayakari returned to Kerala, in 1981, Fr. John Naduvathussery CMI became the principal of the School.

In June 1990 Fr. Cyriac Kannezhah CMI was appointed as the Principal and continued in his office till 1999. During his tenure a separate building for Kindergarten, an extension of Primary section  and a computer lab were constructed. Fr. Joseph Madhuraveli CMI. who was the Principal from 1999 to 2003 established a social service wing in the school, under te title “ Xavierate social Service Wing”. After the retirement of Fr. Joseph madhuraveli CMI, Fr. Paulson Thottathimyalil became the principal for an year. From July 2004 Fr. Devasia Ezholithakidiyel CMI was shouldering the responsibility as the principal.On December 2005 the School celebrated its Golden Jubilee in a grand way under the leadership of Rev. Fr. Drvasia Ezholithakidiyel CMI.Rev. Fr. Johnson kadamparambil CMI took over as the Principal of the school in 2009 June and he continued till 2011. Fr. Joseph Kattakkayam CMI is the present Principal of the School.
 
St. Francis School, Jamnagar
St.Francis school was established in June 2000. Since the new building was not completed the classess were going on in the same building of Xavier’s as shift. The new school bulding was done under the super vision of Fr. James Kachappilly CMI.

The foundation stone for a separate building was blessed on May 26, 2007 by Fr. Paul Vithayathil CMI, the then Provincial. The school reopened in the new school building on 15th June 2009. Rev. Fr. Jose Vadakkekuttu, Fr. James Kachappilly, Fr. Varghese Chiraparambil has served as principals and at present Fr. James Kattethu is the principal. The school has reached up to Std XII with 2200 students and 55 teaching and non teaching staffs
 
 
 
 
Designed By : aaditya info solutions Updated By : Biju John